To install a theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information on installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex.
You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress uploder, or via FTP. If you have trouble installing the theme via WordPress, please proceed with installing it via FTP and you will be able to get around the issue.
Installation via WordPress
- Navigate to “Appearance » Themes”.
- Click Install Themes and hit the upload button.
- Navigate to find the “theme.zip” file on your computer and click “Install Now” button.
- Do the same with “theme-child.zip”.
- The themes will be uploaded and installed.
- Activate the child theme.
Installation via FTP
- Log into your hosting space via an FTP software.
- Unzip the “theme.zip” and “theme-child.zip” file.
- Upload the extracted folder into “wp-content » themes” in your wordpress installation.
- Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance » Themes and activate “Theme Child” theme.